Kitchens sell houses. It’s as simple as that. If your kitchen is dated, these inexpensive improvements can put the wow back into the most important room in your home..
- Re-face or re-place the cabinet doors only and paints the boxes (or cabinets) to match. If you can’t afford to re-face the doors then paint the cabinets white or soft taupe. You can find tips on line on how to paint cabinets.
- Changing out the hardware is one of the easiest fixes. Look at current shelter magazines for ideas.
- Your biggest expense is replacing old appliances. Appliance stores often offer package deals. This investment is worth its weight in gold. Everyone loves new kitchen appliances. So shop for reasonably priced new stainless ones.
- If possible, swap out the counter for a granite one. If that’s too costly look into some of the DIY options for painting or resurfacing formica.
- For the back splash, an easy update is to apply stick-on tiles. The big box hardware stores now offer 12” x 12” mosaic tiles panels that can easily be cut to size and applied.
- If you need a new faucet and lighting fixtures be sure to match the metal finish your cabinet hardware.